630M LoTW import

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
no3m
630M LoTW import

There appears to be a problem with importing 630M QSOs from LoTW. CQRlog is reporting that the QSOs are not found in the log. The BAND field in lotw_error.txt is blank:

QSO NOT FOUND in log
Call: XXXX
Band:
Mode: CW
QSO_date: 2017-10-29
Time_on: 052300
QSLR: Y
QSLRDate: 2017-10-31

however, the ADIF downloaded from the LoTW site does have the BAND field set for the same QSO.

oh1kh
630M Lotw

Hi !

I think the problem comes from dutils.pas:

function TdmUtils.FreqFromBand(band, mode: string): string;
begin
Result := '';
mode := UpperCase(mode);
band := UpperCase(band);
if band = '2190M' then
begin
Result := '0.139';
exit;
end;
--------------------------<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< 630M missing???
if band = '160M' then
begin
if (mode = 'CW') then
Result := '1.800'
else
Result := '1.850';
exit;
end;

If you are able to compile from source (GitHub/OK2CQR) try to add these lines to point that above arrow shows:

if band = '630M' then
begin
Result := '0.472';
exit;
end;

And then test if it helps.
If you can not compile let me know.

--
Saku
OH1KH

no3m
630M Lotw

Saku

Thanks, works fine now. There appears to be a number of other places in that file that should have 630M related updates. However, for now, at least LoTW import is working fine.

oh1kh
630m

Fine!

I was so sure about bug that I made allready pull request of that fix.
I have to check the whole file if you say that there are other places too.

Or maybe Petr does it before me. 630m is so rarely used band that this kind of bugs my lay down there for ages.

--
Saku
OH1KH

oh1kh
630M still

Hi!
Found just one (so far) missing 630M item and it was in the default frequency drop down list in NewQSO window.
Nothing else when quick searching the unit's code.
--
Saku
OH1KH

no3m
630M dUtils.pas

Line 53 add default 0.472 to cDefaultFreq

Line 67 add 630M to C_RBN_BANDS (630M now has RBN stations)

Around line 368, add 630M frequency test (same block as starting on line 307

That is all I see in that file. Thanks

oh1kh
still 630m bug

Hi!
just noticed there is still bug.
preferences, bands, frequencies: double line for 2km setting. The other should be 630m

Must look at this some day.

--
Saku
OH1KH

oh1kh
630M bug was in database

Hi !
It might not be a bug in program source. Just corrupted database.
I went to mysql console (command window, as my database is "normally" created, not cqrlog's protected way).
#>mysql -ucqrlog -p cqrlog_common
>show columns from bands;
>select * from bands;
At that point I noticed that id_bands=1 had band=2190M an id_bands=2 had band=2190M, too.
fixed the id_bands=2 with command:
>update bands set band='630M' where id_bands=2;

And now it seems to keep 630M when editing in preferences/bands/frequencies. Before fix it offered 2 lines of 2190M

--
Saku
OH1KH

no3m
Database update

Saku

In my case, id_bands=2 was 160M and 630M band frequencies was id_bands=26, so safer SQL command may be:

update bands set band='630M' where b_begin='0.4720';

oh1kh
Database update

Yep !
You are right, but in my case the former "select *" told me what id_band to change. I did not mention that.
Your update line can be issued without first check the IDs. Good.

--
Saku
OH1KH

oh1kh
630M dUtils.pas

Thanks for your help!

Changed also those and made pull request.