I am puzzled that CQRLOG seems to stop at member #23907 when reading the skcc.txt member list and populating the NEW QSO award field with the member number. It works for member #23907, but does not work for any member I tested higher than that. At the moment, there are 23944 SKCC members. I loaded the skcc.txt file from the CQRLOG website on order to test it at numbers this high, but there are too few members in that file to repeat the test.
Is this a problem with me or my system, or can it be explained by a limitation in CQRLOG? I must be overlooking something. That is an odd number. I cannot see a problem in the skcc.txt file, but I will check again.
Background: I wrote a Python script to grab the SKCC member list from the SKCC website, parse the data, and write the callsigns and member numbers to ~/.config/cqrlog/members/skcc.txt in the correct format. To the extent that I have tested it, it works but with the glitch past #23907.
BTW, I set out writing the Python script before I realized that one of the CQRLOG maintainers is keeping an updated member list here on the CQRLOG site. Thanks for that.
As you probably know, the SKCC member numbers change if a member advances in the club, and a letter, C,T, or S is appended the the original, numeric only, member number. Because of that, and as new members join, the member list changes frequently so that it is cool to be able to update it often. This Python script could installed by every member on their system and executed daily to get their own update, or whenever CQRLOG is started, for example. I will gladly share the script with the CQRLOG community as soon as I can get it working. Ideally, I would like to share the script privately with one or more of you CQRLOG developers, possibly one whom is a SKCC member, for you to test as well, before making it available to everyone.