As I'm running Debian Jessie, the version of CQRlog is getting a bit old (1.8.2) so I thought I'd try an update. Well, there is no newer version available via Jessie backports so I checked here and grabbed the 1.9.1 amd64 .deb. It required a MySQL development package to install (huh?) and once that was done my attempt to start the program resulted in pair of error boxes. The one was a complaint that the database could not connect to the server! I don't have a bloody MySQL server running and won't have one! The other box complained about apparmor and suggested a fix which I applied to no change in the program behavior. After a couple of runs I got brave and entered the program, but no logs in the list.
I purged the .deb and tried with the tar.gz binary with the same results. I've jumped back to the Jessie version and all is well again.
I take it apparmor is a Ubuntu thing and not running that system is causing CQRlog fits now (hopefully this isn't becoming a Ubuntu only program). Requiring a running MySQL server is equally bad as I have no idea how I'd migrate my current log data held in $HOME/.config/cqrlog/database into a central server and don't want another process sucking up precious RAM when I'm not using CQRlog. I guess someone wants this; I'd be perfectly happy with SQLite holding my log data.
I'm back to 1.8.2 and happy for the moment again.
Rant mode off!